Protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays without irritation. CeraVe Hydrating Mineral Sunscreen Body Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is a 100%-mineral sunscreen with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide that forms a protective barrier on your skin to help reflect UVA and UVB rays without irritating sensitive skin. Ideal for daily use, it also has three essential ceramides that help restore the skin’s natural barrier and lock in moisture. It’s been awarded the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance and the Skin Cancer Foundation Daily Use Seal of Approval.
Directions for Sunscreen Use:
- Apply CeraVe Sunscreen Body Lotion SPF 50 liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Reapply at least every 2 hours and immediately after towel drying.
- Use a water-resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating.
- For children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor.
Mineral-based UV filters form a protective barrier to help reflect UV rays away from the skin’s surface. Because the ingredients in a mineral sunscreen stay on the surface of the skin to help protect it, a white cast can sometimes remain after applying the product. Follow these tips to apply your mineral sunscreen:
- Dispense a small amount to one palm and rub your hands together.
- Apply to one area of the body at a time and thoroughly massage into the skin.
- The formula should spread easily without leaving a greasy residue or feel.
All sunscreens should be applied liberally for sun protection. It is essential to use any sunscreen product as directed.
Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m-2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.